DASA SLOKI : THE TEN - VERSED HYMEN ( I am that One Sivam ) - 9 : Swami Chinmayananda


21/06/2019
Slokam-8.

"Na jagrat na me na svapnako va sushuptih
na visvo na va taijasah prajnako va,
avidyatma-katvat trayanam turiyam
tadeko-vasishtah sivah kevalo-ham."


na = neither;
jagrat = waking;
na = nor;
me = for me;
svapnakah = dream;
va = and;
sushuptih = deep sleep;
na = nor;
visvah = visva;
na va = and nor;
taijasah = taijasa;
prajnakah = prajna;
va = or and;
avidyatma-katvat = are of the nature of nescience;
trayanam = of these three states;
turiyam = I am the fourth ( turiya ) ( beyond these three );
tadekah = that one;
avisishtah = remains;
sivah = Auspicious and Pure;
kevalo-ham = alone I am.

"Fo me there is neither waking nor dream nor deep sleep, nor I am the one conditioned by these three states ( Vaisva, Taijasa, Prajna ); for, all these are of the nature of nescience ( Avidya ); but I am the fourth ( Turiya ), beyond these three. Therefore, I am that One, Auspicious and Pure, that alone remains." 

Next - Slokam-9.

To be continued ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramanuja or Ramanujacharya (c. 1017–1137 CE; IAST: Ramanuja; was an Indian theologian, philosopher, social reformer, and one of the most important exponents of the Sri Vaishnavism tradition within Hinduism. His philosophical foundations for devotionalism were influential to the Bhakti movement.

Madhvacharya - Sri Swami Sivananda

Ramanujacharya - Philosopher, Teacher & Reformer