DASA SLOKI : THE TEN - VERSED HYMEN ( I am that One Sivam ) -3 : Swami Chinmayananda



28/09/2018
Slokam-2.

"Na varna na varnasram-achara-dharma
na me dharana-dhyana-yagadayo-pi,
anatma-srayaham mana-dhyasa-hanah
tadeko-vasishtah sivah kevalo-ham."

na = ( I am ) neither;
varna = castes;
na = nor;
varna-asrama-achara-dharmah = the rules of caste, society and custom;
na = nor;
me = for me;
dharana = concentration;
dhyana = meditation;
yoga = yoga;
adayah = etc ( nother practices );
api = even also;
anatma = not-Self;
asraya = is rooted in;
aham = I;
mama = mine;
adhyasa = illusion;
hanah = dispellable ( by the knowledge of Self );
tat-ekah = that one;
avishistah = remains;
sivah = Auspicious and Pure;
kevalah = alone;
aham = I am.


" I am neither castes nor the rules of caste, society and custom, Yoga and other practices; for all this illusion of 'I' and 'Mine' is rooted in the not-Self, and is therefore dispellable by the knowledge of the Self. Therefore, I am that One, Auspicious and Pure, that alone remaines."

Next : Slokam-3.

To be continued ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramanuja or Ramanujacharya (c. 1017–1137 CE; IAST: Ramanuja; was an Indian theologian, philosopher, social reformer, and one of the most important exponents of the Sri Vaishnavism tradition within Hinduism. His philosophical foundations for devotionalism were influential to the Bhakti movement.

Madhvacharya - Sri Swami Sivananda

Ramanujacharya - Philosopher, Teacher & Reformer